Special Educational Needs & Disability
Mrs Sian Cosgrove. SENCO (Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator)
Cove School is a mainstream secondary school for children aged 11-16 with a specialist resourced provision for children with a hearing impairment. The resourced provision is led by a fully qualified Teacher of the Deaf, and overseen by the SENCO
Our vision for SEN at Cove School is to give equal opportunities to learn and succeed for all children regardless of need or ability. Inclusion, is the process of removing barriers to participation and learning so that everyone benefits fully from educational opportunities.
Inclusion respects, welcomes and celebrates diversity.
We believe that all children should be valued equally regardless of their abilities, background, circumstances or behaviour. (see also ‘Cove School; Single Equality Statement’ and ‘Cove School Our Commitment to Inclusion’, copies of which can be provided on request)
SEN at Cove in a Nutshell
Below are our SEN breakdowns for the current academic year. These statistics help us as a school to ensure we are training our staff effectively and supporting all students with their specific areas of need.
You can download the detailed SEN Policy at the bottom of this page
Commonly Asked Questions ......
- How do we know if your child needs extra help?
- How will both you and I know how my child is doing?
- How will the education setting staff support my child?
- How will the curriculum be matched to my child's needs?
- How much support my child will receive?
- What support will there be for my child's wellbeing?
- What training is provided for staff?
- How accessible is your education setting?
- How are parent carers/ young people involved?
- What steps should I take if I have a concern?
- How will the school support my child at transitions?
- Where can I get further information?
Contact details of support services for parents/carers of pupils with SEN
Parents/Carers who require support services can contact Hampshire SENDIASS. The aim of this service is to enable parents/cares to make well-informed decisions in the best interest of their child.
Hampshire SENDIASS Offer
- A confidential helpline service
- A website where parents/carers can view information about the service
- A range of resources relating to educational issues
- 1:1 support by telephone, email or face to face
You can contact in different ways
Phone 0808 164 5504
If it is difficult for you to contact Hampshire SENDIASS you can give permission for someone else to contact them on your behalf.
The Local Authority Local Offer
Our contribution to the local offer is: available on our school website via our SEN information report and SEN policy.
Our local authority’s local offer is published here: